I'm a wireless and digital marketing professional currently residing in Austin, TX. With more than 5 years of digital marketing and social media management experience, I've helped develop social strategy and been the voice of major global brands including Qualcomm, HTC, and Google: Made with Code. I also have more than 9 years of combined experience in the wireless business space including site acquisition, digital marketing, sales, and service & repair.
This page is broken up into the following:
→ Professional Experience
→ Academic Background
→ Volunteer Experience
Digital Marketing Strategist & Technical Consultant
Freelance | Client(s): Le Nguyen Academy
June 2022 - Present | Remote
Wireless Permitting Consultant
Independent Contractor | Client(s): Capital Design Services, LLC
May 2022 (1 month contract) | Remote
- Provide clients site acquisition services including assistance with building and planning permits for the purpose of modifying existing wireless facilities.
Community Manager (Consultant/Temp)
Wunderman Thompson / Swift | Client: Qualcomm
March 2021 - April 2022 | Remote
- Building a digital community around a passion for both technology and Qualcomm Snapdragon by engaging with users on social media platforms with the goal of driving follows, engagement, and email signups.
- Communicate internally with Qualcomm product experts to get answers to community questions.
- Gather insights on community trends which informs campaign and overall digital strategy.
- Launching social media campaigns around new product launches and partnerships.
Black Rock Consulting & Development | Primary Client: Verizon Wireless
March 2018 - March 2021 | Remote
- Coordinate new wireless build and modification projects with internal team, client real estate specialist, RF engineer, A&E, construction team, and local jurisdiction, while maintaining deployment schedules, project deliverables, and deadlines.
- Identify ideal properties for the installation, modification or new construction of wireless communications facilities including 5G small cells, rooftop sites, smart poles, and cell towers.
- Provide clients site acquisition services including assistance with building, planning, leasing, and regulatory for the purpose of deploying new cell sites.
- Work with local jurisdictions for zoning and building permit approvals, and filing formal submittals.
Swift | Primary Clients: HTC, Google, Nestle
February 2016 - December 2017 | Portland, OR
- Outline goals and develop KPIs that track content performance and ultimately demonstrate the channel's impact to higher level business objectives.
- Analyze and interpret data from native social media platforms, Google Analytics, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos, and others to guide future creative and drive client business strategies.
- Present measurement reports consisting of visualizations and quantitative insights to both internal and external teams that tell a meaningful story.
- Coordinate and integrate qualitative metrics to provide a 360 degree view of content performance.
Swift | Primary Clients: HTC, Google
January 2014 - December 2017 | Portland, OR
- Work with the marketing and creative teams to create high quality, engaging, and relevant content.
- Experienced with social campaign launches, responding to a high volume posts from users, and proactively creating quality positive engagements.
- Created daily reports with insights about community which contributed to strategy for social campaigns.
- Managed multiple brand social accounts and monitored all social chatter and tracking trends within the community and on the larger platform.
Arch Telecom | Sprint Preferred Retailer
February 2013 - January 2014 | Portland, OR
- Provided support for new handsets and helped customers understand their new device, service plan, and bill.
- Assist customers with new activations, upgrading equipment, and applying service plan changes.
- Meet and exceed monthly and daily sales quotas and consistently achieving positive results by always looking for new sales opportunities such as consumer and B2B sales.
Portland State University
Bachelor of Science
Major: Psychology & Sociology
September 2009 - December 2012
Activities: Psi Chi; Psychology Club
Portland Community College
Associate of Arts
Major: Oregon Transfer Degree
September 2006 - August 2009
Dean's List: Spring 2007, Summer 2009
Honor's List: Winter 2008, Spring 2009
Portland State University | Daily Process Resarch Lab of Dr Cynthia Mohr PhD
June 2012 - December 2012
- Prepared detailed annotated bibliographies of peer reviewed academic journal articles pertaining to social psychology to inform team of current research and future studies.
- Aided in the development of coding surveys for distribution to selected sample populations.
- Skilled in effective research methods and various database formats, and identifying and utilizing pertinent information for use in the development of relevant studies.
November 2010 - December 2012
- Guided youth through the transition from GED program to post-secondary education, emphasizing its importance and providing reassurance to ensure a confident transition.
- Met with designated mentee to discuss realities and sacrifices of student life, college level study techniques and requirements, approaches to proper time management, and how to balance work and school work.
- Evaluated the psychological and emotional status of the mentee following weekly appointments, providing monthly evaluations to program coordinator.
System Evaluation Intern
July 2011 - January 2012
- Instructed hardware identification class to new volunteers with different cultural backgrounds, ages, and levels of computer knowledge where they learned the fundamentals of internal computer hardware.
- Instructed system evaluation to volunteers and assisted them with disassembling and evaluating whether the system warranted being recycled or reused.
- Enforced data security procedures were followed as needed.
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Supporting Member Gold Level
2020 - Present
The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world. Founded in 1990, EFF champions user privacy, free expression, and innovation through impact litigation, policy analysis, grassroots activism, and technology development. EFF's mission is to ensure that technology supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world.
Free Software Foundation
Annual Associate Member
2020 - Present
The Free Software Foundation was founded in 1985, to support the free software movement, which promotes the universal freedom to study, distribute, create, and modify computer software, with the organization's preference for software being distributed under copyleft ("share alike") terms, such as with its own GNU General Public License. The FSF's employees and volunteers have mostly worked on legal and structural issues for the free software movement and the free software community. Consistent with its goals, the FSF aims to use only free software on its own computers.
"Mr. Carroll is a true social media expert. I hired him for social media strategy and tactics. He explained the industry and technology in very easy to understand fashion. He developed a highly successful content strategy based on marketing and psychology principles. 5 Stars."
- Chase Morinaka, Estate Planning and Business Lawyer
"Chuck was one of the employees I supported during my time at Swift. As a member of the IT team, I was used to dealing with the occasional silly question or easy-to-knock-out ticket for setting up a printer or something equally as mundane. Chuck is one of those users that I loved though because his questions were always ones that made me think, and I never had to worry about something being overlooked before he came to me for help. He's genuine, thorough, and has a keen analytical mind. Any team would benefit from having him as a member!"
- Dan Marshall, Technical Consultant | Author | Public Speaker